STAR Fund Rules and Regulations for Raffle Prize Drawings
(Revised and effective May 1, 2023)
To be eligible to attend and receive a prize at the annual Star Fund Raffle, you must meet each the following criteria:
- Be a member of DC 82 in “good standing” at the time of the drawing (If you question your standing, please contact the DC 82 office.)
- Have satisfactorily completed at least one (1) STAR Fund-approved training class totaling eight (8) hours during the eligibility period. The eligibility period runs from May 1 through April 30 of each year.
- You must provide the FTI-UM at least twenty-four (24) hours advance notice of your inability to attend any class for which you have pre-registered. If you do not provide such notice, you will not be eligible to attend or receive a prize at the STAR Fund Raffle attributable to that eligibility period.
- Have worked at least eight hundred (800) hours during the eligibility period, which can be verified with your employer(s).
- Must be present at the drawing to win.
- Prior grand prize winners will not be eligible to win another grand prize in their lifetime but are eligible for any non-grand prizes.
- Are not a full-time employee of DC 82 or employed by the FTI-UM, unless you worked at least eight hundred (800) hours and completed at least one STAR Fund-approved training class totaling eight (8) hours during the eligibility period prior to commencing such employment.
In the event of disputes regarding the application of these rules, you may appeal to the STAR Fund Board of Trustees whose decision shall be final and binding. All appeals must be received by the STAR Fund Board of Trustees at least ten (10) days prior to the annual Star Fund Raffle. Rules are subject to change and dependent upon the number of eligible members participating.
All rules and interpretation are at the sole discretion of the STAR Fund Board of Trustees.
Additionally, these rules apply to all local unions affiliated with IUPAT District Council #82 that contribute to the STAR Fund.