September is National Suicide Prevention Month, and we’re sharing resources and events from the FTIUM Care Team to help you and your families get active in the fight to prevent suicide in our community.
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline (988)
- Suicide Prevention Month (NAMI)
- Suicide Prevention Awareness Month – MN Dept. of Health
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP)
Out of the Darkness Walks are cathartic community events organized by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, or AFSP. These walks are a great opportunity for individuals and teams to raise money for AFSP to invest in life-saving research, education, advocacy, and support for those impacted by suicide.
Minnesota Walk Dates 2023:
- Albert Lea: Saturday, Sept. 23 Register
- Red Wing: Saturday, Sept. 23 Register
- Mankato: Saturday, Sept. 23 Register
- Rochester: Saturday, Oct. 7 Register
- St. Cloud: Saturday, Oct. 7 Register
- Nisswa: Saturday, Oct. 14 Register
We hope to see you at an Out of the Darkness Walk this month or next.
If you or someone needs help, dial 988 to reach the suicide hotline. Never hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all. You’re never alone in your struggle.